Views:5 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-05-30 Origin:Site
The development of snow mirrors has evolved from primitive simple functions to almost perfect. Originally just to prevent snow blindness, later added polarized technology to prevent glare, as well as anti-UV radiation and so on. The structure of the snow mirror itself is becoming more and more perfect. For example, the lens coating now has many functions such as anti-fog, anti-scratch, anti-shock, etc. The number of lenses has also evolved from the original single layer to the current double or multi-layer.
Now introduce the two most important parts of the snow mirror itself: lenses and frames
Snow mirror lens:
1. Brief introduction of the lens:
● The shape of the lens is divided into: cylindrical lens and spherical lens. Because the advanced concept of spherical lenses is more ergonomic, it gradually replaces traditional cylindrical lenses. There is a lot of introduction in this regard, not to repeat!
●The lens is divided into a single layer lens and a multi-layer lens: the common one is that the double layer lens can effectively prevent the atomization of the lens surface because it can reserve a space between the two lenses to enhance the air circulation inside the snow mirror.
●The material of the lens, there are ordinary resin lenses and PC lenses. It is recommended to use a PC, mainly because its impact resistance is super strong, and it often hits the ground at a speed of 300KM/H, and the lens does not break or burst.
2. The color and function of the lens: 1) Gray, keep the natural color, suitable for sunny days and strong sunshine. Visible light transmittance is 20%; polarized light is 99%
2) Yellow, suitable for use in morning, evening, cloudy or watery light and dark. Visible light transmittance 40%; polarized light 95%
3) Gray-green, keeping the comfort of the glasses in strong light. Visible light transmittance is 25%; polarized light is 98%. 4) Brown, due to strong contrast, it can be used in the morning, evening, cloudy or low light to ensure clear vision. Visible light transmittance is 30%; polarized light is 95%
5) Silver, used in strong sunlight to reduce the brilliance of light or the reflection in the snow. Visible light transmittance is 15%; polarized light is 98%
6) Red, under the condition of insufficient light, adjust the sharpness of the naked eye to the warm color series. Visible light transmittance is 24%; polarized light is 95%
3. Lens coating
The grade of a ski goggle or the price is closely related to the coating. The lens coating technology is very complicated. According to the different functions, there are many types. Here are some common references for reference: Hard film, that is, a film is coated on the surface of the lens to prevent scratches or impacts and scratches;
The anti-fog film prevents moisture from being generated inside the mirror due to the large temperature difference between the inside and outside of the frame. There are two types of anti-fog and two-layer anti-fog: single layer, that is, only inside the lens (near the side of the face); double layer, that is, both sides have a coating. The double-layer lens requires two lenses to be coated, the cost is high, and the retail price is much higher, no longer repeat them!
Anti-UV film, used to protect the cornea and retina from UV rays, but the UV protection effect of each brand is of course different, and the material of the resin is different. This can be seen through the price. Technically speaking: common mercury-plated, divided into shallow mercury, medium mercury, full mercury, needless to say, anti-glare, etc., to make the light soft. The main thing is that the lens surface looks like a mirror.